The winners at British Shorts Film Festival 2022!
The members of this year’s jury:
Dela Dabulamanzi (actor, artistic direction Label Noir),
Seda Güngör (actor, writer),
Genia Krassnig (producer, X Filme Creative Pool)
Elinor Lewy (festival curator Final Girls Berlin, filmmaker, film journalist)
The British Shorts Jury Award 2022 goes to Pompeii by Marco Alessi, Matthew Jacobs Morgan and Harry Lighton. HERE the statement of the jury.
A Special Mention from the jury goes to the film Night of the Living Dread by Ida Melum. HERE the statement of the jury.
Our audience has decided, too ... The British Shorts Audience Award 2022 goes to Roy by Tom Berkeley und Ross White!
Top 10 of the votings:
1. Roy by Tom Berkeley and Ross White
2. Lucky Break by John Addis
3. Night of the Living Dread by Ida Melum
4. The Birth of Valerie Venus by Sarah Clift
5. Finding Dad by Alana Hutton-Shaw
6. Doughnut by Larry Ketang by Liam White
7. @scroll–alice by Céline Ufenast
8. Saintmaking by Marco Alessi
9. Inertia by Mat Johns
10. Homebird by Ewa Smyk
Interviews with British Shorts Filmmakers!
“In my view, the only way to see a film remains the way the filmmaker intended: inside a large movie theatre with great sound and pristine picture.” (Ridley Scott) – During the festival days, the online magazine The New Current has made interviews with a lot of the filmmakers whose films were part of the programme. Find these interviews right HERE!